Monday, January 12, 2015

God's Promises - Week 2

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,  not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

This week I am thankful for the promise of God's grace.  There are many verses that talk about God's grace, but this is probably one of the first I memorized as a child.  As a person who is inclined to 'works' and measuring things, checklists, standards, etc., this is a reminder that I need constantly... God saves me by His grace, not anything I do or strive to do.  And God shows me grace every day, and I need to show that grace to others.  It's so simple but so difficult to remember and practice.  So thank you God for the amazing gift of your grace... please continue to teach me how to show that same grace to everyone I meet. 

No comments: